Save the date: 3.9.2022 10:00 CET
Place: Frihamnstorget, Södra Hamnvägen 5, 115 28 Stockholm
We are really excited to share with you finally our new SFS event after two years.
Slow Fashion Show is glad to announce a NEW EVENT which we will take part of called FOCUS: Wear sustainably.
It will start on 3 September. It is another event related to the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU. So DO NOT HESITATE TO JOIN US!
The event is presenting the newest sustainable fashion ideas and projects. You will have an opportunity to meet Czech & Slovak designers! Also people like technologists and independent platforms exploring greener possibilities .
COME & LEARN about the newest ethical materials, sustainable technologies, practices in shoe design, knitwear or digital design.
BE WELCOME TO TRY to upcycle Your clothes, sneakers or accessories.
GET INSPIRED BY experimental students fashion design presented at the Slow fashion show.
So, Lets sum it up at the end: join us at the presentations, fashion talks, workshops, all-day swap and fashion show.
The entire event will be moderated by Veronika Ruppert, who is a leading Czech dramaturg and moderator of Radio Wave.
The event is organized by Tjeckiska centret (České centrum ve Stockholmu), Blivande, Monika Pizur (SK), Slow Fashion Show, Slow Fashion World, Badlaza, Zero Waste Stockholm (SWE) with the kind support of the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Stockholm. #eu2022cz #CZPRES
Join us on our next summer theme event FOCUS: Wear Sustainably within the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU.
3rd of September, a one-day event FOCUS: Wear Sustainably will be held in Blivande, Frihamnstorget organised by non-profit Tjeckiska Centret in Stockholm, the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Stockholm, Blivande, Zero Waste Stockholm and Slow Fashion Show.
As part of the evening program of the FOCUS: Wear Sustainably, Slow Fashion Show comes back with its sustainable runway on the occasion of its 2nd edition, with a unique unedited show: the iconic Frihamnstorget location, with its colourful container village, surrounded by the reused materials of the sea equipment.
This Action aims to raise awareness among the public opinion about sustainability and lead the fashion industry on its way to satisfying the goals of the 2030 Agenda and provide access to networking, insights and support by professionals from the fashion industry to new talented designers. Slow Fashion Show designer collections are strictly evaluated by The Sustainable Committee of Slow Fashion Show, to make sure that they respect Slow Fashion industry ideology and have the largest number of 2030 Agenda Goals.
The entire event will be moderated by Veronika Ruppert, a leading Czech dramaturg and moderator of Radio Wave.
Here is the program of FOCUS: Wear Sustainably:
- 10:00 – 18:00 Swap: Welcome and swap with us!
- 11:00 – 11:15 Presentation Zero Waste Stockholm (SWE)
- 11:15 – 12:45 Zero Waste Workshop Stockholm: Join us and put your old clothes back into game with the help of sewing, patching, dyeing, knitting or crocheting
- 12:00 – 12:30 Fashion talk: Nina Färdig (SWE), Green Laces / Vegan leather and shoe design
- 12:30 – 13:00 Fashion talk: TRAN NGOC YEN (CZ): Upcycling and new design from deadstock sneakers
- 13:00 14:30 Workshop: TRAN NGOC YEN (CZ): Create an accessory from discarded sneakers
- 14:30 – 15:00 Fashion talk: KUNTERAKT (SK), Upcycling of clothes and merch
- 15:00 – 16:30 Workshop Zero Waste Stockholm: Join us and put your old clothes back into play with the help of sewing, patching, dyeing, knitting or crocheting
- 15:30 – 16:00 Fashion talk: MIKULÁŠ BRUKNER (CZ), Sustainability, fashion design and industrial machine production of 3D knitwear
- 16:15 – 17:00 Presentation and Fashion talk: Žil Vostalová (CZ), Digital fashion in connection with sustainable concepts. Rendering Reality: PhyGital Fashion ™ and the New Paradigm of Fashion
- 17:00 – 17:30 Guided exhibition: Žil Vostalová (CZ), PhyGital Fashion ™
The daily program follows with the evening Slow Fashion Show program:
- 19:00 – 20:30 Fashion performance: Slow Fashion Show
Three blocks of fashion shows will present the latest student fashion design from prestigious Czech and foreign universities:
Ready-to-wear: Kateřina Koutková (CZ), Tomáš Maliňák (CZ), Eva Miklišová (SK), Eliška Neumanová (CZ), Monika Pizur (SK).
Costume Design: Rozálie Zervanová (CZ), Pavlína Arendášová (SK), Jaroslava Poliaková (SK), Viktória Košíková (SK), Lenka Vallová (SK), Tina Zsapka (SK), Filip Fecko (SK), Alina Borodulina (CZ), Duong Bao Long (FR).
Conceptual Design: Eliška Zemanová (CZ), Juliana Brnáková (SK), Ema Domanická (CZ), Kateřina Kulková (CZ), Valeriya Kovtun (CZ).
- 20:30 – 22:00 Mingle
- 22:00 Closing
Come and learn how to wear sustainably. We can’t wait to see you!
Free entry to the daily program (10:00 – 18:00)
Donation welcome for the Slow Fashion Show (19:00 – 22:00), part of the donation collected by the organizers of the Slow Fashion Show in cooperation with the Ukrainian Institute of Sweden will be donated to help Ukraine.
Event registration is required.
Places are limited!